Icegaming's Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing structures

3 posters

Go down

Importing structures Empty Importing structures

Post by Kent Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:44 am

I have a friend on the server who doesn't get on that much, he said if the admin would allow it, (and if it's even possible) he would import an incredible survival building into the server. It is a massive vault, yes a vault. This will only make sense to you if you have ever played the game Fallout. He has created a massive vault in single player, in creative mode, and needs something to do with it. I have seen it many times before and have also made several suggestions to its construction, and I must say, IT"S EXTREMELY EPIC. Sorry about that. But yes, it is epic, and if it is to be imported, I propose it be placed into a new world. Thanks

Kent
User

Title : All round handyman, and future manager of 'The Vault'
Location : TEXAS BABY :D, on the server it's gonna be 'The Vault'

Back to top Go down

Importing structures Empty Re: Importing structures

Post by Kent Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:56 am

Oh yeah i forgot, if I am allowed to do this, it might ( I honestly have no clue or not) take a while to load into a new world, just be cause of the size. It's not ridiculously big, ( we tried to compact it all we could with some of the redstone wiring) but it is an underground facility and i have no clue of the actual size. And finally,( hopefully you will allow me to import the project before you all decide) if the admins accept or decline this colossal task, I would love to give them a full tour of our great, subsistent mini town, just so they can see what i have to offer.

Thankyou

Kent
User

Back to top Go down

Post by DevilJin Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Does it require redstone clocks? Because it may lag the server if there are. Surprised
DevilJin
DevilJin
User

Title : Le Dubstep Baws n' Event Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kent Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 am

No it does not use them, the only redstone systems in the Vault are (at the most) thirty redstone lamps and nine automated doors including the main entryway door.
The rest of the redstone is just farming machines, these include wheat, pumpkin, sugar cain, and melon machines. They are not complicated at all and the wheat machine is the only somewhat large machine. The only thing I think that could cause a little lagging might be the animals, which include just a a tiny herd of cattle and sheep, a few pigs, and a small chicken farm.
All these machines (if properly used) could support a small town inside without any need of anything from the outside world. There are even a few fun filled areas in the Vault, for example the sparing room, dance club, and archery field. All this adds up to comfortable living for those who might live there. Oh yeah, there wil be 15 open rooms for players to stay in at the Vault. We are also wanting each of these players to perform a job to keep the Vault running, but they don't have too if they don't want to.
Thanks for viewing this and being the one to give me some kind of response.

Kent
User

Back to top Go down

Post by TheZouave Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Online I am known as Nerdalishious at the moment, but I hope to soon become TheZouave on the sever. I have also seen the Vault, and it has it's own texture pack. It is very nice, and could serve as a hideout from greifers if they took over somehow. It has everything except mob grinders, which would be kind of cheating. It is very self-sufficient, and kent has described it well. The only way I know of getting it into the existing map would be to MC Edit it in, but WorldEdit might have something like that. However if you just make an entirely new map for it, that would work too, but it would also add some lag.
TheZouave
TheZouave
User

Title : Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum